Cricket’s surgery went well, but the news isn’t the best. She has an injection site sarcoma. They weren’t able to get it all during the surgery, and hers is a stage 2-3 with stage 3 being the worst. All we can do at this point is wait to see if it returns, and remove it again if it does.
In the meantime, I will be putting her on some natural things to help support her immune system, and we will be checking her often for signs of the lump returning.
It’s hard to know what’s the right thing to do sometimes. I didn’t realize how common this type of cancer can be, and that the injections meant to protect her could do more harm than good.